Worked as a Petroleum Engineer in Mecom oil Company in Yemen
– Supervision of drilling activities
– Exploration of oil in the Tihamah area near Salif-Hodaidah
– Supervision of Geological surveys including Seismic
– Design and draft of geological maps
– Analysis of the geological data
Worked with the Swedish Mining Company Boliden
– Mining Surveys in Yemen
– Drafting up of Geological reports about many areas in Yemen
– Reporting to the Imam of Yemen about the mining potential of Yemen
Director of the Kuwait Development Bureu in Sanaa, Yemen
– Design and construction of schools and hospitals in Yemen
– Construction of more than 235 schools and hospitals and other buildings in all of Yemen
– Supervisor in the Kuwait Bureu in Dubai
– The supervision of many buildings including the first local TV-Station
Foreign Minister of Yemen
– Reinstating the Yemeni-German Relations after the 1967 war
– Reinstating the relations with all Western countries
– Seeking development aid from all Western countries
– Enhancing all foreign relations with the neighboring countries
– Organizing food aid from the EU
The Personal Representative of the President of Yemen
– Establishing a complete system for the presidential office including the public relations dept., the administration and the protocol.
– Organizing the visits of the President
Head of the Elections Committee for the Alshura council
– Establishing the first Election system for Yemen
– Designing the first Election maps and committees in Yemen
– Drafting up of the first Election law in Yemen
Member of the Constitutional Committee
– Drafting up of the constitutional laws of Yemen
– In cooperation with the members of the committee (such as the famous lawyer Mr. Hassan Sohby) the constitutional laws were drafted and implemented
Minister of Information and Culture
– Design of the Information system for the government
– Organizing the internal system of the Ministry of Information and Culture
– Organizing the radio stations and implementing a new structure for these station
Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany and non- resident Ambassador to Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, and Sweden.
– Fortifying the Yemeni-German Relations
– Inaugurating the German development aid and also aid from Sweden, Holland and other EU countries.
– Academic assistance and the beginning of academic aid to Yemen German Minister of Economic Cooperation Egon Bahr Yemen 1975
– Implementing the Trade and Investment agreements between Germany and Yemen
– Facilitating Yemeni-German trade
– Introducing Yemen to the Kingdom of the Netherlands and inaugurating development aid especially in the agricultural and water sector in Yemen
– Introducing Yemen to the Kingdom of Sweden and inaugurating development aid to Yemen.
– Introducing Yemen to all NGO’s and political organizations in Germany such as Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Friedrich Naumann, and Karl Duisberg Stiftung.
– Cooperation with the interior Ministry in Hessen for the development and cooperation with the Traffic police in Yemen and the Ministry of Economy and Industry.
Minister of Oil and Mineral Resources and Chairman of the Yemen Petroleum Company
– Designing a complete administrative system for the Ministry of Oil and Mineral Resources
– Establishing numerous investment projects in the oil and mining field
– The agreement with Mobil oil company to establish the largest oil/lubricants factory in the Middle East (project stopped to protect local interests of prominent businessmen backed by influential persons against the will of the Minister).
– Establishing the strategic oil reserve in Yemen
– The funding of the first housing project of its kind in Yemen together with the Housing and development bank (ALMadinah AlSakaniyah Hadda Sanaa). For the first time in Yemeni History the Government employees now had a chance to buy houses in installments.
– The implementation of the cooperation and funding agreement for the oil and mining sector with the Federal Republic of Germany.
– The first feasibility studies in the oil and mining sector were designed and many oil and mining investment projects were pursued.
– Laying the basis for oil and minerals explorations in Yemen
– Sending of government employees for further study/training to Germany and the EU
– Cooperating with Rumania and Checkoslovakia in the oil and mining field and in training Yemeni Government employees.
Member of the Parliament
– Defending women’s rights
– Drafting up laws for women’s rights and debating quotas for women in the government sector
– Drafting up laws for the safety and security in the work place
– Drafting up laws for the exploration for oil and minerals
– Drafting up laws for the modernization of the Yemeni society
Ambassador of Yemen in Japan
– Inauguration of the first Yemeni Embassy in Japan
– Fortifying of the Yemeni-Japanese Relationship
– The inauguration of Japanese development aid
– Organization of the first delegation of the Japanese Ministry of Economy (MITI) to Yemen for assessing the implementation of development aid to Yemen. After this visit the development aid was inaugurated by Japan to Yemen
– Inauguration of Technical and food aid to Yemen
– Facilitating Yemeni-Japanese trade relations
– Design and implementation of feasibility studies for the investment in Yemen including Seminars, meetings, and summits.
– Inauguration of the Cultural and academic aid to Yemen
– Inauguration of the first Japanese-Yemeni friendship association
– The design and implementation of a monthly cultural journal to introduce the culture of Yemen to the people of Japan.
– The organization of aid to Yemen after the earthquake of Dhamar and the campaign of awareness of the Japanese people in the radio and tv stations and newspapers.
– Pursuing the introduction of Yemen to the influential politicians in the Japanese Ministry of Economy (MITI) and other authorities and the organizations of meetings between the Yemeni and Japanese politicians.
– Conclusion of many cooperation agreements in the technical and administrative sector of the Yemeni government.
Minister of Economy and Industry
– Implementing a new organization of the Ministry of Economy
– Establishing the first Yemeni Investment summit after the Ministry drafted up feasibility studies for many industrial projects in Yemen
– The Era of Industrial establishment in Yemen (According to many established industrialists in Yemen)
– Design and implementation of the first studies for the establishment of 5 new Cement factories in Yemen.
– The implementation of the Albarh cement plant in Taiz (Construction was delayed because of interests of local influential politicians until ten years after)
– Design and implementation of a new department for registration and investment in the Ministry
Chairman of the International Bank of Yemen (Private)
– Establishing cooperation agreements with most international banks
– Enhancing the management procedures in the bank
Chairman of Yemen Airways Cooperation (Yemenia)
– Changing the internal system of the Yemenia to be in line with modern management procedures.
– Inauguration of the four year system for dispatched area managers in all of the international network of Yemenia
– He was against the merger of Al-Yemda (The airline of Southern Yemen at that time). Alyemda had more than two thousand employees and only owned two aircrafts. The other aircrafts were withdrawn by AIRBUS since Alyemda was bankrupt and could not fulfill contractual obligations.
– Modernization of the Yemenia fleet by acquiring new airbus aircrafts
– Introducing a new system of ticket sales where the performance based evaluation is implemented
– Sending of many Yemenia cadres for training in Germany
– Pursuing the management of Lufthansa to aid in running the local catering building which was the largest in the Middle East at that time and also the training of ground and maintenance engineers by Lufthansa.
– Implementation of a rigorous monitoring system for finance and administration.
– Returning all usurped land of Yemenia by influential people in Yemen
– Establishing the cooperation with Saudi-German Hospital to build a hospital in Yemen in cooperation with Yemenia
Chairman of the Yemeni-German friendship Association
– Enhancing Yemeni-German Ties and Economical and Cultural Cooperation
Chairman of the Yemeni Society for the Preservation of Water
– Increasing awareness for water scarcity in Yemen
– Pursuing development aid from Holland and Germany for water projects
Founding Member of the Alafif Cultural Organization
– Participation in the design and implementation of the first Yemeni Encyclopedia.
– Publishing many books about oil, minerals and other subjects.
– Conducting of many seminars in the socio-economic field of Yemen.
Honorary Member of the Yemeni Society for Civil Engineers
– Honored as first Engineer in Yemen